- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Yield: 6 Servings
A tiramisu for food lovers, garnished with Melba toast.
- ¼ c. dry Marsala wine
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. strong brewed coffee
- 1 box Classic Melba Toast
- 2 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- Combine Marsala, sugar and eggs in top of double boiler. Whisk mixture over gently simmering water until thickened and foamy, and mixture registers 160 degrees on candy thermometer, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in room temperature egg mixture; set aside.
- Line cookie sheet with Melba toast. Pour coffee evenly over Melba toast so that each piece soaks up coffee.
- Line bottom and sides of loaf pan with plastic wrap. Cover bottom and sides of lined pan with coffee-soaked Melba toast. Pour 1/2 of the filling over Melba toast in pan. Cover with toast, then cover with remaining filling, then finish with another layer of toast.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Cover and refrigerate about 8 hours.